Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Class room

 Today I had an awesome opportunity to share my passion for running with the 5th grade class of Auke Bay Elementary school. Mrs. Weed, the 5th grade teacher, asked if I would share my experience growing up with a learning disorder, how I set goals for myself, and what I'm attempting to accomplish now. I mentioned my sponsorship with the local business Tongass Substance Screening. Their support has given me the opportunity to challenge myself and to push through to reach the possible. I wouldn't have any of this if I allowed drugs to control my life. 
     It was impressive how well behaved the kids were. I was very thankful for their time and keen attention. I also bragged about the community we share and I found myself reinforcing the theme "anything is possible." I left the class room feeling excited and amped about the whole experience.

1 comment: