Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sunday's Run

Sunday run
I started out this week hitting the snooze button too many times. I did count on daylight savings but didnt realize I wouldnt have another 5 more minutes to snooze. I got in my tempo run catching up to The Smoken Old Geezers. It was the first run without our greatest friend and club member Glen Frik. With just days after his passing, this Sunday we had a large number of runners despite daylight saving and the weather. We put in 8.5 miles from UAS out past Auke Rec and back recalling "Glen memories". As tradition we follow the run with breakfast at Donnas but this time one cup was poored and untouched along with a empty chair.
After my coffee and pancake I said my good byes to the group. With the reality of his absence hitting what felt like the first time.  I thought the only thing for me to do is to run. Most of my millage goals evolve around meeting my clients dogs. The dog I needed to run lives in Douglas. With only three weeks before my next race, this maybe my last chance for a long one. I ran 22 miles from Donnas to Douglas and back to total 30 miles for the day. I dont like to carry more then I think is needed for a run. I stop in buinesses I normally do buisness with to have some water or sometimes coffee. ACS doesnt seem to mind and I thank them for it with my cell phone bill. But the last two miles I felt the dreaded "wall". Luckily my emergency two dollars comes to mind when passing Brizze Inn. I sit down on some fire wood for sale while drinking a Gateraid just to take a minute  to be off my feet. Finishing the run im relieved to get home out of the wet running cloths into something dry. My recovery, I made a kale, banana, kiwi, chai seed rice milk smoothie and with hot tub therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment